Some of the benefits of wikis:
- Anyone (registered or unregistered, if unrestricted) can add, edit or delete content.
- Tracking tools allow you to easily keep up on what been changed and by whom.
- Earlier versions of a page can be rolled back and viewed when needed.
- Users do not need to know HTML in order to apply styles to text or add and edit content.
- Multiple pages can be added to one wiki.
Educational uses for wikis are great. Check out the site below to see examples of wikis in use:
- Welker's Wikinomics (This is a teacher's class wiki. Check out the different areas of his wiki.)
Note: Thing 5 will be posted on or around February 4th!